Life has been busy and slightly hectic this month. Aside from starting this blog and working on my content and all the technical aspects of running a blog, I’ve been trying to meet my writing deadlines at work, help the kiddo out with school, and plan my boyfriend’s graduation party. Oh and did I mention last minute Christmas preparations?
Here is a Summary of the Excitement Surrounding My Life Right Now:
- Ray (the boyfriend) graduated college last Sunday!! It was a really great day filled with family, good food, and celebration and I am very proud of him for sticking it out and finishing up strong. Soon he will join me at the student loan repayment club and I’ll welcome him with open arms as we kick interest to the curb haha.
- This week I’m going through number recognition with the kiddo because I’m sure they’re not teaching him this yet at preschool and I feel he will need to know it in kindergarten. We gone through 0-4 with flashcards so far and I’m hoping to get up to number 10 this week.
- I have to help Ray plan his graduation party this Saturday. So far we’ve secured the location, food, and bartender but we really need to work on the entertainment and a few decorations. I was thinking of a trivia game and maybe some type of charades (college style) with prizes but I have to develop these ideas this week.
- I had my yearly review at work last week (even though I’ve only there for six months) and I got a NICE raise and a promotion 🙂 The workload is increasing at our small company and we need to hire more people. My boss wants me to help train the new additions and act as a team lead. During college I worked a job for 3 years, never received a raise, and I always felt like I was never appreciated or recognized for the work I did. I am so happy that my boss has noticed all my hard work and it feels great to work at a job where I can develop my skills, feel appreciated and happy to come to work each day.
Aside from all the happenings in my life Christmas is next week!! Eight days away to be exact. I’m super excited but I as mentioned last week it’s not so much for the gifts and I really don’t want to be caught up in the stress of consumerism because that’s no fun. So without further ado, here are the 5 things I’m looking forward to on Christmas Day and no, they don’t not include me getting gifts.
I really look forward to breakfast with my family on Christmas Day since we are all home and we normally never eat breakfast together because I leave for work so early. This year I started cooking from scratch a lot more and one thing I try to make is pancakes and waffles in the morning. I have a pretty solid recipe, but I’m looking to improve it somehow. I want my pancakes to taste like they do at the restaurant (I guess I can dream). I’ll probably try to find some tips online and make an assortment of some with chocolate chips, cinnamon flavor and pumpkin since I have some pumpkin puree left over from the harvest in October.
Growing up I always played board games with my siblings. My favorite games were Monopoly, Connect 4, Uno, and Sorry but I was a big sore loser and I’d always cry or get upset when my sister bumped me back to start in Sorry lol. Thankfully I grew up and I can appreciate the nature of board games and really have fun with it. I purchased Candy Land and LIFE from the Goodwill for $1 each last week and I can’t wait to play them with my family on Christmas.
A Great Turkey
I will be making my first Turkey ever on Christmas. I repeat I will be making MY FIRST TURKEY EVER for dinner this Christmas. I’m anxious and nervous about it because I heard turkeys are a bit difficult to cook properly but I accept the challenge and I’ll have my mom on speed dial for sure.
Kwanzaa begins December 26 and since we’re celebrating this year, I have a lot of fun things to plan throughout this 7 day holiday. I’m sure I’ll come up with some creative ideas and last minute preparations during my downtime on Christmas and I really hope this experience goes well. Will keep everyone posted on that.
I’m probably looking forward to relaxing and spending time with my family the most. This month has been so busy and hectic and I hope it doesn’t sound lame but I just want to take the time to sit around the house and do absolutely nothing. I don’t want to run out to any stores or run any unexpected errands and just enjoy my time off to the fullest.
Do you have anything exciting going on this month? What are you looking forward to doing or experiencing on Christmas Day?
Stop Worrying About Money and Regain Control
Ready to regain control of your money? Take the first step with this free starter pack which includes:
- 2 Monthly Bill Calendar templates
- 1 'Start Paying Off Your Debt' Checklist
- 1 'Drastically Cut Your Expenses' Checklist