Your 30s mark the time in your life when you fully embrace adulthood and everything that comes with it. You start to realize that you need to start doing more than what you want to do and do things that you have to.
You’re probably settling into your career, starting a family, and building your assets. You’re building for the rest of your life, and life insurance should be a big part of this consideration.
Are You Too Young To Think About Life Insurance?
While you may think your 30s are too early to think about life insurance, there’s no time like the present. You never know when tragedy might strike. Setting your family up for the future should be handled sooner rather than later.
A variety of factors have to be considered when choosing a policy at this age:
- By the time you reach 30, you may have at least a few people who rely on you financially. You may have a partner or even started a family by this time in your life. If you suddenly and unexpectedly died or became too ill to work, would they be able to manage financially?
- When you’re in your 30s, you’ve probably figured out what you want to do in your life. You’re starting your career, and you’re probably earning more money than you’ve ever earned before. Your increased salary and your improved lifestyle have to be protected in case something happens to you.
- You want to get a policy that covers you for more than just death. Depending on your needs, you might also want coverage for disabilities, major injuries, and illnesses. Keep in mind how long you’d be able to keep up with your lifestyle if you weren’t able to work for a long period of time.
Advantages of Getting Life Insurance
The benefits you get from having this type of insurance really depend on the type of policy you choose, no matter your age. The majority of policies available cover compensation for your beneficiaries if you die or are unable to work.
The biggest advantage of getting a policy while you’re in your 30s is the price. The cost will be cheaper than when you apply later thanks to your healthy, young status.
Specific Factors You Need to Take Into Account
Besides the few factors mentioned before, there are a few other things you need to consider when deciding which policy is best for you. Your needs determine what type of cover you get and how much you’ll need. These factors can include:
- Your assets. In your 30s, you probably have a car, a house, or some other investment. You need a policy that covers these costs if anything happens.
- Your debts. By the time you reach 30, you may have accumulated some loans, credit card debt, and maybe even a mortgage. Your life insurance should be able to pay these things off so your family isn’t left to deal with them.
- Other Insurances. When you reach the age of 30, you probably have dealt with other forms of insurance before. You probably have car insurance, home insurance, and maybe even business insurance.
Types of Life Insurance To Consider
There are several types of policies that provide coverage for different types of situations. However, it can be broken down into two basic forms.
Term life insurance
Is a policy that is great for the majority of people. It’s set up to last through a certain number of years. If the policy expires before you die, you receive no payout.
Whole life insurance
Is a kind of permanent policy that has an actual value attached to it. This builds in value over time. You can eventually have enough value to take a loan against the policy so that you can use it for large expenses.
No matter what type of policy you choose to take out, consider guaranteed acceptance life insurance. Policies like these are just like they sound; they guarantee that you’re accepted for your policy.
The Final Word
Unfortunate accidents and illnesses can happen at any age, and you need to be prepared for the worst. Be prepared, take out a policy, and set your loved ones up for the future, whatever it may hold.
How Confident Are You With Your Finances?
44% of Americans don't expect their financial situation to improve this year. Don't be one of these people! Download my free guide, 10 Ways To Feel Financially Confident Today and get access to steps you can implement ASAP for results