We’ve all lived paycheck to paycheck at one point in our lives. But we all don’t have to live this way. By saving more, you can increase your financial stability and work toward breaking free from the paycheck-to-paycheck rat race.
Most people fall for the myth that saving money has to be a drastic action but the truth is that every little bit counts. I’m sure we all would like to save more money and luckily there are plenty of ways to save on expenses today and in the future. Here are 30 effective ways to generate savings today and tomorrow. Enjoy!
1. Cancel your cable subscription.
2. Set up automatic bill pay to avoid late fees.
3. Reduce checking account fees by switching your bank is applicable.
4. Walk and use public transportation more than you drive.
5. Cook your meals at home and limit dining out.
6. Cut your phone bill by switching to Republic Wireless or a more affordable prepaid service.
7. Turn off lights at home when you’re not using them.
8. Pack a lunch for work instead of ordering out.
9. Use coupons to purchase food and other items.
10. Visit your local library for movies and books.
11. Take your car in for service appointments and preventative maintenance.
12. DIY as much as you can.
13. Check out resale shops before going to retail stores.
14. Start using Swagbucks, Ebates, and other rewards programs to save money and earn cash back.
Related: Ebates Review: Earn Cashback for Everyday Online Spending
15. Share Netflix of Hulu subscription with a friend or neighbor.
16. Have a potluck with friends or family every month.
17. Attend free community events that interest you.
18. Shop around for lower insurance rates.
19. Seek out promotions for the services you receive.
20. Pay credit card bills on time.
21. Track your spending and adhere to your budget.
22. Limit and control auto withdrawals at your bank to reduce the chance of going negative.
23. Become a brand ambassador for your favorite products.
Related: How to Earn Money as a Product Demonstrator
24. Price match groceries and goods.
25. Join a local buy, sell, and trade group.
26. Earn and use credit card reward points properly to enhance savings.
27. Utilize all free gifts and offerings from stores and restaurants on your birthday
28. Have a FREE weekend (similar to a no spend week, but when you go out and do free things in your neighborhood. It will be interesting and fun to see what type of events and offers you come with when you research for free and creative weekend activities)
29. Cut your own hair.
30. ASK for a discount.
What ways do you like to save money?
Stop Worrying About Money and Regain Control
Ready to regain control of your money? Take the first step with this free starter pack which includes:
- 2 Monthly Bill Calendar templates
- 1 'Start Paying Off Your Debt' Checklist
- 1 'Drastically Cut Your Expenses' Checklist